Sunday, June 28, 2009

Montana Vacation: Day 2 - Grand Tetons National Park


So the Grand Tetons National Park in Wyoming was the second stop on our trip; I guess not knowing much about this Park, I wasn't that excited to see it but as it turned out, I think this was my favourite of the 3 National Parks we visited on this trip. Jackson Lake, at the center of the park is just stunning. It is set in the most amazing alpine location with the beautiful Grand Tetons mountains as a back-drop. The weather here again wasn't that great and it poured with rain on our drive up there so unfortunately we didn't stop in the scenic town of Jackson Hole, so that little place is still on my 'need to see' list since it's a very cute town and I could have very easily passed a couple of hours strolling the historic downtown and browsing the shops. We camped the night in one of the campgrounds inside the Park which was very pretty and I'm pleased to report that we didn't see any bears! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favourites..

Followers