Monday, August 3, 2009

Wood's Ranch & Kids Pond

After a busy morning at work and with temperatures rising in the valley, we decided to escape a little ways up the mountain to Wood's Ranch and the Kids Pond for a spot of fishing. Owen caught his first little fish within 15 mins of being there; he gets so excited when he catches a fish, it's really fun to watch him. I took the mountain bike, hoping to do a couple of miles of the Virgin River Rim trail which starts/ends at Wood's Ranch... what I didn't know was that it's all uphill from Wood's Ranch and I was exhausted and out of breath before having gone more than a half mile or so, lol.. it was so pretty though but the deeply rutted dirt road and steep grade was a little more hardcore mountain biking that I like! We fished some more but didn't catch anything; we were just happy to hang-out in the cooler temperatures, have a picnic and enjoy the gorgeous setting. Owen and I hiked round the lake a couple of times; it's a really nice, kid-friendly hike and Owen loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favourites..

Followers