Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fun in the Sun

I never thought my sunny little piece of heaven would come high up a mountain surrounded by a bunch of snow.. but this afternoon I found myself sat quite happily on a bank of hard-packed snow, watching Owen having so much fun on the sledding hill. The sun was warm enough that we needed just 2 tshirt layers and snow pants, it was so gorgeous up there. We were out in the snow for a good 2 hours or so and it felt so good to feel the sun beating down on our faces. Alfredo & I took it in turn going up and down the hill with Owen and we were both exhausted by the end... my little snow-man of course didn't want to go home! There were lots of people at the sledding area and a lot of crazy teenage kids who apparently had no fear as they hurtled down the steep hillside - it sure was fun to see them having so much fun (.. and crash.. lol). The hill doesn't look too steep in the pictures but it was! We flew down the hill so fast, it was awesome. I took some snacks and Owen thought it was cool to have a picnic in the snow.

Alfredo and Owen headed up the hill for another run.

Owen and I about to take flight..

Phew, we made it!.. and had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favourites..

Followers