Friday, September 4, 2009

Las Vegas

An appointment with the Immigration folks provided the perfect opportunity for an overnight stay in Sin City!! I worked half a day on Thursday and we were in Las Vegas by 3pm. Our hotel was an amazing last minute deal and we were very happy with it. We headed for The Strip where we walked for what seemed like miles while Owen was in awe with all the sights/sounds and his latest obsession.... escalators and elevators, which believe it or not, we don't have at home in our little town, so they were a very new experience to Owen and he couldn't get enough of them! We went to see the Lions at the MGM, walked the Miracle Mile mall and saw the fountains at the Bellagio... and all the other things in between!! Friday morning I had my immigration appointment which went really smoothly and very fast which was great and left more time to enjoy the hot sun and the hotel pool which we did until lunch-time. We then drove back up the Strip to the Outlet Malls where we shopped and got some amazing bargains in the Gap sale before making our way North and home. I love Las Vegas... the sounds, the lights, the people-watching.... just everything about that city is insane, scary and awesome all at once... the amount of money there is like nothing I could ever imagine.... even though i love it, 24 hours there is plenty enough for me and i'm always really happy to start the drive North and cross over into Utah state and see the red rock mountains... then I know i'm home in my friendly, safe and quiet little town..... Thanks Vegas for a fun 24 hours!!..... Viva Las Vegas....

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favourites..

Followers