Saturday, September 19, 2009

Skyfest 2009, Cedar City, Utah







Getting up at 6am on a chilly Saturday is not my idea of a good time.... but for Skyfest, I am happy to make an exception... we had a super time. Everyone gathered at the launch field on the edge of town at just after 7am to watch the hot-air balloon owners get the balloons unpacked and spread out on the ground ready to inflate. Of course I've seen hot-air balloons in the air before but I never knew or realized just how insanely huge they are when you are stood just feet away from them being inflated. Owen was in his element as these huge balloons rose from the ground all around him, their bright colors and designs so vibrant and alive in the early morning sun (which we were very thankful to see as it took some of the chill out of the air!). Being a small town, of course we saw lots of friends and neighbors and that was nice to visit with them while we enjoyed the spectacular sight as the 20 or so balloons one by one lifted off the ground and floated away over the valley... what an amazingly beautiful sight. I hope you like the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favourites..

Followers